Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Unique Fathers Day Gifts - Finding Something Unexpected For Dad



Fathers Day 2011 is on June 19th this year. I remember past Father's Day celebrations well. Mom would buy dad something he asked for while us kids would use his money (our allowance) to buy him something I am positive he not only didn't want, but didn't need as well. Sure, I know...it's the thought that counts.

Unfortunately, the only thought I have about those particular days centers around the astonishment I have that dad could keep a straight face after opening our gifts, much less offer up a gracious "thank you" as he always did.

I remember one year in particular I bought dad a pen. Not an executive pen, mind you, but a ball point pen. It was made of plastic and proudly displayed the "Bic" label in bold blue letters.

I was too young to know we had several of them in a desk drawer, and for all dad knew, that's probably where I obtained it.

The following years brought a multitude of neckties, socks or wallets, only to change to neckties, socks and wallets when I got my first real job. Nothing says "thanks for being the world's greatest dad" like a pile of mundane gifts, with the possible exception of a "worlds greatest dad" t-shirt, which I also purchased for him one year.

Yes, my track record is nothing short of abysmal, although this Fathers day 2011 I plan to remedy that situation.

I've decided to buy dad a Father's Day "This is Your Life" Photo Collage Puzzle. These things are cool and I'm sure Dad will love it. Here is an example of a few of the Photo COllage layouts:


Sample Photo Collage Puzzle Layout from Jigsaw2order.com


The deal is that I supply a bundle of digital photos taken during memorable events and import occassions in Dad's life. These are then used to create a unique one-or-a-kind Photo Collage Puzzle. It sounds like a lot of work but actually the guys at Jigsaw2order.com do all the work. Their professional graphics guys create the layout and send me a preview for approval before it's made into a puzzle.

Check out more of their Fathers Day designs and layout here!

No comments:

Post a Comment